In 1997 and 1998, FMF published a series of eight booklets titled Laws Affecting Small Business – finance, health, justice, labour, land, licensing, schooling, tax. Each booklet comprised recommendations to reduce red tape which would free small business, the engine of economic growth, from restrictive laws. Last year, we updated the series – see cover images below.
FMF is hosting eight mini media launches, one a week beginning Tuesday, October 4, 1100. We will make a media release and a digital copy of the booklet available after each launch.
- 11.10 – Terence Corrigan – LAND
- 18.10 – Neil Emerick – LICENSING
- 25.10 – Langa Bodlani – JUSTICE
- 01.11 – Michael Bagraim – LABOUR
- 08.11 – speaker to be confirmed – FINANCE / HEALTH / SCHOOLING
- 15.11 – speaker to be confirmed – FINANCE / HEALTH / SCHOOLING
- 22.11 – speaker to be confirmed – FINANCE / HEALTH / SCHOOLING
* Terence is the Project Manager at the Institute of Race Relations (IRR), where he specialises in work on property rights, as well as land and mining policy. Terence has held various positions at the IRR, South African Institute of International Affairs, SBP (formerly the Small Business Project) and the Gauteng Legislature – as well as having taught English in Taiwan. He is a regular commentator in the South African media and his interests include African governance, land and agrarian issues, political culture and political thought, corporate governance, enterprise and business policy.
- 04.10 – Dawie Roodt – TAX
The TAX booklet can be accessed HERE; the launch video can be viewed HERE.