GTIPA Perspectives: Nations' Trade Policy Priorities for the Year Ahead
This report provides Global Trade and Innovation Policy Alliance (GTIPA) members' perspectives on their nations' three most-significant trade priorities for the year ahead. This document aims to deliver a succinct snapshot of what to expect in the coming year regarding trade policy priorities for these countries. The volume compiles briefs from Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Chile, Colombia, Germany, Italy, the Philippines, Poland, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States. It also offers specific examples and recommendations that countries can seek to adopt to advance their trade policy agendas.
The trade policy priorities of the countries listed in this report can be grouped as follows:
- Promoting trade openness.
- Bolstering programs to help exporters/importers.
- Tending to domestic concerns/priorities.
- Enhancing multilateralism and the global trade order.
- Addressing country-specific trade priorities (such as with regard to the United States or China).
You can find FMF Project Manager Chris Hattingh's contribution on page 41.
To access the full report, click here
Publish date: 27 October 2020
The views expressed in the article are the author’s and are not necessarily shared by the members of the Foundation.